Hair extensions are a sure way to add a bit of oomph to hairstyles and transform lifeless hair.
Before deciding on what type of hair extensions to have, please read this previous post that explores how to decide on which hair extension is right for you. Once you have invested in good quality hair extensions, you must put in the time to care for the hair to prolong wear.
We will share some tips on best practices and if followed will ensure you have gorgeous looking hair extensions every time.
1. Depending on the technique of hair extensions applied, it is very important to ask your stylist to advice you on how best to care for your hair extensions. Do not wash you hair every day. Yes, you heard right. The reason being that it may put some stress on the hair. Wash your hair 3 or 4 times a week. If your scalp is oily and you need to wash everyday, use dry shampoo.
2. Dry your hair extensions properly after every shampoo. Use good quality shampoo and conditioner and leave in treatment. Unless the hair is virgin hair, most hair extensions has been chemically processed so it pays to use products that will lock in moisture.
3. Do not use too much heat on your hair extensions hair as this may damage it. If you do curl or straighten it regularly, use heat protection spray.
4. At bed time, put the hair extensions up in a soft pony to prevent breakage and tangle.
6. Deep condition your hair extensions once every two weeks
7. Schedule a regular maintenance visit to have your hair extensions checked by your stylist. This will add more days to your hair.
8. Style your hair extensions with care especially when using curling tongs or straightening iron making sure you don't pull too hard and put stress on you natural hair or the hair extensions.
9. We can't say it enough. Invest in salon quality shampoo and condition. You have spent a good amount of money on you hair extensions. Go that bit further by using salon quality products to prolong wear of your hair extensions.
10. If unsure ask. Your stylist is the best person to design a care regime for your hair extensions. Before you leave ask for tips on how to best care for your hair extensions and remember to stick with it.
For additional information contact us if you would like to have a chat. Or Shop online here
Remain gorgeous and look after your hair -:)
Most people know about hair extensions but which one is right for you? This is a very important question and can be crucial on the outcome of you hair extensions investment.
There are tons of stories on the web about hair extensions experiences that are not pleasant and in the process has had negative impact on the hair extensions industry.
I have been working with hair extensions for many years and have trained in various techniques. I also trained many stylist and still do proper application of hair extensions.
So what are the things to consider before you invest in hair extensions??
1. Invest in good quality Human Hair Extension.
The most important thing to consider is the hair quality. If you want your hair extensions to last long and remain healthy, you must seek out good quality human hair. The reason being that if you use poor quality hair extensions, it will not last as long. There are different types of hair extensions brands, grades and textures and one size does not fit all. So ask you stylist during consultation what type of hair they use for application.
2. Trained and qualified Stylist
Use a trained and professional stylist. Time have changed and everybody is a hair extensions specialist due to the lo barriers to entry. Remember, it is your responsibility to ensure your styles is trained and experiences to apply hair extensions. If you are not sure as them how long they've been applying hair extensions.
3. The right hair extensions technique.
Choose the right technique for you. This is where hair extensions application gets confusing for some as there are so many techniques Available today. When I started out applying hair extensions, there was only weaving technique but now there are different ways of application such as Tape ins, micro rings, microwave weft, cold bonding, pre bonded/ keratin UTip. How will you know the right technique for you? Your stylist should be able to access you hair and advice you better.
So to recap,
We offer all the techniques and will work with you to come to the right decision and choose the best hair extensions application that will work for you. Contact us if you have any questions. Please sign up here to receive promotions, news and updates.
Blog of The HairSpa
Blog and News
Bringing you all the hair Extensions, wigs, news and solutions for a gorgeous you. Sharing fashion and business tips updates and events.