Hair extensions are a sure way to add a bit of oomph to hairstyles and transform lifeless hair.
Before deciding on what type of hair extensions to have, please read this previous post that explores how to decide on which hair extension is right for you. Once you have invested in good quality hair extensions, you must put in the time to care for the hair to prolong wear.
We will share some tips on best practices and if followed will ensure you have gorgeous looking hair extensions every time.
1. Depending on the technique of hair extensions applied, it is very important to ask your stylist to advice you on how best to care for your hair extensions. Do not wash you hair every day. Yes, you heard right. The reason being that it may put some stress on the hair. Wash your hair 3 or 4 times a week. If your scalp is oily and you need to wash everyday, use dry shampoo.
2. Dry your hair extensions properly after every shampoo. Use good quality shampoo and conditioner and leave in treatment. Unless the hair is virgin hair, most hair extensions has been chemically processed so it pays to use products that will lock in moisture.
3. Do not use too much heat on your hair extensions hair as this may damage it. If you do curl or straighten it regularly, use heat protection spray.
4. At bed time, put the hair extensions up in a soft pony to prevent breakage and tangle.
6. Deep condition your hair extensions once every two weeks
7. Schedule a regular maintenance visit to have your hair extensions checked by your stylist. This will add more days to your hair.
8. Style your hair extensions with care especially when using curling tongs or straightening iron making sure you don't pull too hard and put stress on you natural hair or the hair extensions.
9. We can't say it enough. Invest in salon quality shampoo and condition. You have spent a good amount of money on you hair extensions. Go that bit further by using salon quality products to prolong wear of your hair extensions.
10. If unsure ask. Your stylist is the best person to design a care regime for your hair extensions. Before you leave ask for tips on how to best care for your hair extensions and remember to stick with it.
For additional information contact us if you would like to have a chat. Or Shop online here
Remain gorgeous and look after your hair -:)
Blog of The HairSpa
Blog and News
Bringing you all the hair Extensions, wigs, news and solutions for a gorgeous you. Sharing fashion and business tips updates and events.